Amplify Your Uke!
Amplify Your Uke!
Ukuleles are known for their soft and soothing beachy melodies. But the times they are a changin’. In recent years, ukuleles with electric pickups have become increasingly popular. Are you ready to amplify your sound with Uku Ukuleles?
What is EQ?
EQ stands for equalization. Simply put, equalization is a process in which sound is changed by an electronic component. In our case, the ukulele’s sound is amplified, and the decibel level is changed by a pickup mechanism built into the instrument. With built-in EQ, you can plug in your instrument and change the volume by simply turning a knob on the side of the body.
Pictured below is our Tempest Concert Uke with EQ. You can see the knob used to change the decibel level (volume) of the sound, as well as the built-in tuner.
How Do I Amplify My Sound?
To amplify your sound, you will need two additional items: 1) an amplifier and 2) a chord to plug in your ukulele. These materials can be found at any local music store or online.
The good news is, if you already have electric instruments like a bass or guitar, you can use that same gear to plug in your ukulele.
Bass Ukulele or Tempest Concert?
You may be sold on getting a uke with EQ aren’t sure which model. Both instruments are high-quality and contain built in EQs and tuners, but there are some key differences to consider. Here are some facts to keep in mind when deciding between the Tempest Concert and Fisherman Bass:
Tempest Concert with EQ
- Can be played plugged in or acoustic—the best of both worlds
- Great for the player who is also looking for a traditional ukulele
- With crisp and clear amplified sound, the Tempest is great for solo performing or leading a group
Fisherman Bass Ukulele
- To get the most out of this instrument, it is best played plugged in to an amp.
- An easy instrument to transition to for a player familiar with bass guitar.
- A great addition to any ukulele group to round out the sound with lower bass tones.
- To learn more about the Fisherman Bass ukulele click here.
Purchase a ukulele with built in EQ and you won't regret. Your playing will spice up in ways you never expected it to! If not for you, think of grabbing one of these instruments as a holiday gift for a uke lover in your life. Stay tuned for news on our Black Friday sale!
The post Amplify Your Uke! was first published on Uku Ukuleles.